McMullen Valley Fire District
Board of Trustees Regular Meeting
Tuesday December 20, 2011
M I N U T E S APPROVED
- Governing Board Members Present:
- Louise Wolfe - President, Gary Cole - Vice President, Armando J Montijo
- Also in Attendance: Cheryl Montijo, Secretary, Gabriel Palma, Chief,
- Captains: Sr. Captain Doug Wolfe, Harold Jorschumb.
- Guest: Ryan Campbell, Robin Campbell, Luis Garza
1. The meeting was called to order by President Louise Wolfe at 6 p.m.
2. All stood for the pledge of allegiance.
3. Motion by Gary Cole, Second by Armando Montijo to approve the minutes of the November 15, 2011 meeting. Vote: 3 in favor, no opposed, motion carries.
a. The Board reviewed the Budget Remaining
b. The Board reviewed the Out of District Billing
c. Authorization of District Disbursements
After review of the updated disbursements sheet, motion by Armando Montijo, second by Gary Cole to approve disbursement #s 1354 1392, including 1 electronic transaction for payroll taxes and La Paz County Treasurers Warrant #14437. Vote: 3 in favor, no opposed, motion carries.
5. Chief Palma presented the proposed Travel Reimbursement Policy. Motion by Gary Cole, second by Armando Montijo to approve the Travel Reimbursement Policy as presented. Vote: 3 in favor, no opposed, motion carries.
6. Under the Five Year Plan Chief Palma reported that:
He had not heard of any movement on the plans by the City of Phoenix to sell the farm land owned by them in the McMullen Valley, so there has been no movement on building a new fire station on the portion of City land the District had previously discussed.
He has not received any information from the vendors contacted concerning purchasing a type 6 brush truck
President Louise Wolfe remarked that at the November meeting, member Jim Downing had commented that the Wickenburg Hospital had announced plans to build a clinic in Salome, and said that we should somehow include that in our five year plan. She asked the question of how to incorporate this possible happening into our five year plan. After some discussion there was no clear idea of how to do this. No one has accessed the archives containing the article printed in the Wickenburg Sun. Secretary Montijo mentioned that she had tried, but was unable to establish a password and get into the archives. She contacted the editor of the Sun, but he could be of no further help.
7. Under the Chiefs Report, Chief Palma reported that:
We have purchased five new radios and repaired one. Two radios have been distributed, leaving us four working radios in reserve. Chief Palma commented that next time we get rid of radios we need to be careful to clear the frequencies. We sold some radios in our first auction, and he has learned that they were still set to our frequencies.
There has not been any action concerning burning the brush piled up south of the highway in Wenden. He has been contacted by a contractor who was bidding for the wash cleanout for the City of Phoenix, who said the City is letting out bids to clean out the wash to the Centennial Park Road.
8. Under the Call to the Public, Luis Garza commented that Chief Hess had contacted him about bringing his Fire Academy students out to burn the brush south of the highway. Chief Palma commented he would have to discuss the matter with Chief Hess concerning liability issues.
9. Motion to adjourn by Armando Montijo, second by Gary Cole. Vote: 3in favor, no opposed, motion carries, Meeting adjourned 6:15 p.m.
Louise Wolfe, President
Gary Cole, Clerk
Jim Downing, Armando Montijo, Bobbie Jo Hess, Members